Former FIFA president Sepp Blatter hospitalised in Switzerland
Sepp Blatter requires a period of rest after being taken to hospital, his daughter has said.
Former FIFA president Sepp Blatter has been hospitalised in Switzerland, his family have confirmed.
Blatter, 84, requires a period of rest but his condition is improving, according to daughter Corinne Blatter Andenmatten.
Swiss publication Blick has reported Blatter's condition is serious but stable.
"My father is in hospital," Corinne said.
"He is getting better every day. But he needs time and rest. On behalf of my family, I ask for privacy."
Previous health issues
Blatter also spent time in hospital in 2015 and 2016 due to health problems.
The eighth president of FIFA resigned in 2015 amid a corruption scandal in football's governing body.
He was given an eight-year ban, reduced to six on appeal in 2016, over an alleged undue payment made to former UEFA president Michel Platini in 2011. Both men have maintained they committed no wrongdoing.
Last month, FIFA issued a criminal complaint over suspected "criminal mismanagement" in a museum project set up by Blatter.
Lorenz Erni, Blatter's lawyer, described the accusations as being "baseless and vehemently repudiated".
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021: medal winners, athletes and results, 24 July
- AMERICAN RESCUE PLAN How much money can you get from stimulus checks and the Child Tax Credit?
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: medal count, athletes and results, today 24 July
- Olympic Games Since when is skate an olympic sport and why?
- OLYMPIC GAMES What is the USA basketball roster for the 2021 Tokyo Olympic Games?
- OLYMPIC GAMES USWNT bounce back in crushing 6-1 New Zealand win