Cornella: Barcelona next up in dream run for giant-killers who stunned Atletico in Copa del Rey
Barcelona will face a short trip to Cornellà in the Copa del Rey last 32 after being drawn to play the minnows who stunned Atlético Madrid.
Barcelona must find their way past the minnows who embarrassed Atlético Madrid after being drawn to face neighbours Cornellà in their Copa del Rey opener.
Ronald Koeman's Barça enter the competition at the last-32 stage and the record 30-time winners are sure to take Cornellà seriously after their fellow Catalonians earned a 1-0 win over Atletico on Wednesday.
Cornellà's Camp Municipal stadium is situated less than 10 miles away from Barcelona's Camp Nou, making it a dream draw for the Segunda B side.
Real Madrid will hope to avoid another Alcorconazo
Cornella are one of six teams from the Spanish third tier remaining in the competition and Real Madrid will face another of those in the form of Alcoyano, who beat LaLiga strugglers Huesca this week.
Athletic Bilbao face a trip to tackle Ibiza, while Real Sociedad will play Córdoba.
The lower-ranked sides will host the last-32 matches, which are to be played on January 16, 17, 20 or 21.
Barcelona, Real Madrid, Athletic and Sociedad have Supercopa de Espana commitments to tackle before turning their focus to the Copa del Rey, with that four-team tournament running from January 13-17.
Te recomendamos en English
- UFC Conor McGregor vs Poirier live online: UFC 257 from Fight Island
- CORONAVIRUS Third stimulus check: update and rundown on Biden's $1.9 trillion relief bill
- US NEWS $1,400 third stimulus check live updates today: Biden executive order, when to expect and who will get it
- UFC UFC 257 Poirier vs McGregor: how & where to watch - times, TV, online
- PREMIER LEAGUE De Bruyne injured: how will Manchester City cope without star?
- Football AS chooses its Legends XI: The greatest soccer team ever