Real Madrid, Villarreal and Getafe reach a deal over Take Kubo
Real Madrid, Villarreal and Getafe have reached an agreement that will see Take Kubo play out the season at the Coliseum under José Bordalás.
Real Madrid winger Takefusa Kubo will spend the second half of the 2020-21 season at Getafe after the Japan international failed to assert himself in the first team plans of Unai Emery at Villarreal. The three Liga sides came to an agreement on Friday for the 19-year-old to join up with José Bordalás at Madrid’s neighbours Getafe, who have traditionally been a solid testing ground for young Madrid players on loan.
Kubo and Aleñá bolster Bordalás' Getafe
Kubo will link up with Barcelona’s Carles Aleñá after the midfielder made the move from Camp Nou to the Coliseum earlier this week as Bordalás seeks to inject some fresh ideas into a squad that has fallen off dramatically in LaLiga after briefly sitting top of the table earlier in the campaign.
The deal was brokered between the three clubs based on Villarreal’s necessity to offload a player in order to sign and Getafe’s desire to land a creative forward to bolster Bordalás’ options. Madrid are also satisfied after finding a home for Kubo where the Japan winger will be afforded the game time he was lacking at Villarreal, where he didn’t fit into Emery’s preferred system.
Kubo managed just 291 minutes in the league at the Yellow Submarine but enjoyed greater dividends in the Europa League, where he scored one and provided three assists. In Villarreal’s last three Liga games he was on the bench before being omitted entirely against Levante as the Getafe deal was being hammered out.
As part of the deal, Getafe will pick up the player’s salary of €2.5m a year with the Madrid-based side also paying Villarreal a portion of the loan fee they agreed with the Bernabéu for the initial deal last summer. Bordalás is hopeful that Kubo can go straight into the squad for Getafe’s game away at Elche this weekend.
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL Has Aaron Rodgers won a Super Bowl?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS Can I qualify for Biden's American Rescue Plan if I have already received the stimulus check?
- PREMIER LEAGUE Liverpool vs Man United: How and where to watch - times, tv, online
- US NEWS $2000 stimulus check updates today: Biden $1,400 third payment, who is eligible, dates | Live
- Martin Luther King Day 2021 Banks opening hours on Martin Luther King Jr Day: Chase, Wells Fargo, Citibank
- MARTIN LUTHER KING JR DAY Supermarkets opening hours on Martin Luther King Jr Day: Walmart, Costco, Target...