Pochettino still without Neymar as PSG host Brest
PSG will be without forward Neymar for a fifth consecutive match when they take on Brest in Ligue 1 as Pochettino searches for his first win.
Neymar is not fit to make his return from injury when Paris Saint-Germain take on Brest in Ligue 1, though Mauro Icardi is one of a trio returning to action. Icardi, Layvin Kurzawa and Alessandro Florenzi will all be available at Parc des Princes on Saturday after injury absences.
PSG laboured to a 1-1 draw in Mauricio Pochettino's opening game in charge away to Saint-Etienne on Wednesday
He will seek his first win since replacing Thomas Tuchel at home to Brest, with PSG looking for a sixth straight Ligue 1 win against them.
With 36 points after 18 games this season, it is their worst opening to a top-flight campaign since 2012-13.
Pochettino will bid to start improving their results without Neymar – who has not played since suffering an ankle injury on December 13 – while Rafinha and Juan Bernat are also out.
Pochettino: "We need players back as soon as possible"
"We need to get the players who are out back in action as soon as possible so that we can be as competitive as we want to be," Pochettino said ahead of facing Brest.
"The team have shown a fantastic attitude and an ability to learn quickly from us in a short period of time."
Neymar will then have missed five matches, with the next decision to be whether he plays any part against Marseille in the Trophée des Champions on Wednesday.
Central to PSG's thoughts is February's crucial Champions League last-16 first leg against Barcelona.
Te recomendamos en English
- 2021 TAX FILING How to check your adjusted gross income for tax filing and the third stimulus check
- NFL Roethlisberger to stay with Steelers for 2021 after agreeing new deal
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Third stimulus check: what's the deadline for the Senate vote?
- Coronavirus Stimulus Checks What are automatic stimulus checks and will they become a reality?
- 2021 TAX FILING Tax Return 2021: how to calculate what you pay with income brackets and rates
- 2021 TAX FILING Tax credit for child care: how much it is per child and family?