Real Madrid's Zidane rails at LaLiga: That wasn't a game of football
Real Madrid boss Zinedine Zidane laid into LaLiga for not calling off Saturday's clash with Osasuna despite the weather conditions.
Real Madrid head coach Zinedine Zidane criticised LaLiga's refusal to call off Saturday's goalless draw with Osasuna amid heavy snowfall in Spain, saying the clash should "clearly" have been postponed.
Zidane's post-match comments:
Assessment of the goalless draw:
“We did what we could out on the pitch; it wasn’t a great game of football.”
Should the match have been called off?
Unhappy at having to play:
“It’s very hard to play under these conditions, but in the end the decision was made that we should play and we all saw the match that we got. No [it wasn’t the right decision to play the game], but at the end of the day we have to do what we’re told.”
Reasons for anger:
“Yesterday, today… I don’t know whether we’ll return to Madrid on Monday, Tuesday… Today is day to get a few things said. I didn’t see a game of football tonight. But we’ll keep on going. We have a game on Wednesday and hopefully we’ll have the right conditions to play.”
Return to Madrid:
“We don’t know anything. We’ll stay here tonight and see if we can travel tomorrow, or on Monday. It is what it is. We’ll see what we can do tomorrow.”
What are you most annoyed about?
“The pitch, more than any complaints about being stuck on the plane for three hours. In my view, the right conditions weren’t there for us to play a game of football.”
Te recomendamos en English
- PSG Real Madrid watch as tensions grow between Mbappé and PSG
- EURO 2020 Cristiano Ronaldo becomes European Championship's record goalscorer
- NBA Who are the highest paid NBA players in 2021?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Fourth stimulus check: what organizations are in favor of a new payment?
- US News Unemployment benefits: can you keep the payments if you go back to work?
- US News Which states have abolished federal unemployment benefits and why?