Eto'o names Messi's rightful heir at Barcelona
Whether Messi leaves Barcelona this summer or not, the fact that the club legend soon turns 34 means talk has intensified regarding who will become his rightful heir in the near future.
Samuel Eto’o has named who he believes will be the heir to the Lionel Messi throne once the Argentine great leaves Camp Nou.
Eto’o shared a dressing room with Messi for five seasons and acted as a self-proclaimed father figure to the current Barcelona captain in his early formative years in Barcelona’s first team.
Now, after 16 seasons at Camp Nou, all indications are that Messi could leave Barcelona when his contract expires in June following a failed attempt to engineer an exit last summer.
Whether Messi leaves or not, the fact that the club legend turns 34 in June means talk has intensified regarding who will become his rightful heir in the near future, with Eto’o identifying teenage sensation Ansu Fati as the man to take on the role.
Eto’o on Ansu Fati replacing Messi
“I think [Ansu Fati] is the one for the future,” Samuel Eto’o said in an interview with SPORTbible.
“He's currently doing amazing stuff, so I think the club really needs to groom him and take very good care of him. Let's hope he's the one to take over from Messi.”
Since making his debut last season, 18-year-old Fati has provided for13 goals and five assists in 43 appearances. However, the young Spanish forward has not played since late November due to meniscal laceration
Te recomendamos en English
- Child Tax Credit Child Tax Credit 2021: when is the deadline to opt out from August payment?
- US NEWS What public pools are open in summer 2021 in Los Angeles?
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: Ledecky going for gold, medal count, results, today 28 July
- OLYMPIC GAMES Why is Russia called ROC at the 2021 Tokyo Olympics?
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SWIMMING Ledecky aiming for two golds in a day with Titmus in the way
- REAL MADRID Official: Real Madrid defender Varane signs for Manchester United