Veteran Kazuyoshi Miura signs new contract with Yokohama
At the age of 53, veteran player Kazuyoshi Miura extended his contract with Japanese club Yokohama for another season this week.
Veteran Japanese striker Kazuyoshi Miura known as King Kazu has extended his stay for one more season at Japanese side Yokohama FC, signing a contract extension a month ahead of his 54th birthday.
Kazu started his career in the early 1990s with Brazilian Santos, before moving to Verdy Kawasaki where he spent his glory years leading the club to win two J.League titles.
Miura also played for Serie A side Genoa on loan and won the Emperor Cup with them in 1996 before returning to the Japanese competition. He has been in Yokohama's ranks since 2005 after finishing his loan spell at FC Sydney of Australia where he participated in the FIFA Club World Cup.
On the international level, Miura has made 89 appearances for the Samurai Blue netting 55 times and winning the AFC Asian Cup with Japan in 1992, despite missing out on Japan's World Cup debut in 1998.
【Ｋｉｎｇ Ｋａｚｕ】— AFC (@theafcdotcom) January 11, 2021
Kazuyoshi Miura will be playing for another year with Yokohama FC at the age of 5️⃣ 4️⃣ pic.twitter.com/wmeZodrmuO
Miura's last goal was in March 2017 when he scored the winner in his team's 1-0 victory over Thespakusatsu Gunma in Japan’s second division, a goal that named him back then the oldest ever player to score in professional league competition at the age of 50 years and 14 days.
Following Yokohama's return to the Japanese top tier, Kazu featured on four occasions last season in the League, in addition to participating in two games in the Japanese cup competition.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Martin Luther King Jr Day: most famous quotes & speeches
- US POLITICS Biden-Harris reveal inauguration playlist: songs and where to listen
- NFL NFL conference championship finals: dates, times & previews
- NFL Playoff Final When and where is Super Bowl LV 2021? - Date, location & kick-off time
- NFL Patrick Mahomes injured: When could he return?
- UNITED STATES $1,400 third stimulus check updates today: when is it coming, What Biden said about it, eligibility, IRS tax | Live