Atlético extend their lead at the top to four points
Atleti pulled away from city rivals at the top of table after beating Sevilla at the Wanda on Tuesday night, Correa and Saúl finding the net.
La Liga leaders Atlético Madrid proved their title credentials yet again by beating in-form Sevilla 2-0 at home on Tuesday to stride four points clear at the top of the standings.
Atlético got off to an ideal start when Ángel Correa received a pass from returning right-back Kieran Trippier and took Sevilla by surprise with a shot which bounced in off the near post to give them the lead in the 17th minute. Midfielder Saúl Ñiguez effectively clinched the victory with a thumping effort from the edge of the area in the 76th to score his first goal of the season and condemn Sevilla to a first defeat in 10 games in all competitions.
The victory leaves Atlético on 41 points after 16 games, four clear of second-placed Real Madrid who have played 18.
Te recomendamos en English
- LIGUE 1 | ROTHEN Mbappé attitude under scrutiny amid Pochettino comments
- PORTUGAL Pepe recalls landing in Portugal from Brazil: "Have you anything to eat? I don't have any money..."
- NBA Lakers cruise as Bucks, Celtics extend winning streaks
- NBA James Harden confident about Durant, Irving connection: "We're all unselfish"
- BARCELONA Barcelona: Koeman's Super Cup plans depend on Messi
- CORONAVIRUS What's the difference between the third stimulus check & Biden's rescue plan?