Santos beat Boca to set up all Brazilian Copa Libertadores final
Santos dominated Boca Juniors and secured a 3-0 aggregate win to move into the Copa Libertadores final against Palmeiras.
Santos set up an all-Brazilian Copa Libertadores final with an impressive 3-0 win over Boca Juniors on Wednesday.
Goals from Diego Pituca, Yeferson Soteldo and Lucas Braga saw Santos to a comfortable home victory against Boca, sealing a semi-final success after the first leg finished goalless.
Frank Fabra was sent off in the second half for the visitors, Santos moving into the Copa Libertadores final for the first time since 2011.
¡Media vuelta y gol de Diego Pituca!— CONMEBOL Libertadores (@Libertadores) January 14, 2021
Así abrió @SantosFC el marcador frente a @BocaJrsOficial para enfilar su clasificación a la Final de la CONMEBOL #Libertadores.#GloriaEterna pic.twitter.com/D3SfaARy5Y
They will meet Palmeiras at the Maracana on January 30 in the first all-Brazilian decider since 2006.
After flares were parachuted onto the pitch ahead of kick-off, Marinho hit the post for Santos inside the opening minute.
But amid penalty shouts for a handball, Pituca scrambled in the first goal of the tie for Santos in the 16th minute.
Soteldo doubled the lead early in the second half, stepping inside from the left before powering a finish into the top corner at Esteban Andrada's near post.
Santos sealed their win in the 51st minute, Braga tapping in after brilliant work down the right from Marinho.
Boca's chances of a comeback were ended when Fabra saw red five minutes later after stamping on Marinho's stomach.
Te recomendamos en English
- Liverpool Klopp: Mbappe, Haaland will think twice if Liverpool can't offer Champions League football
- CSL Chinese Super League counts the cost of the boom years
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid, Liverpool and Juve keen on Lyon's Houssem Aouar
- NBA NBA All-Star weekend: who were the Hall of Famers in 2020?
- CORONAVIRUS Biden criticises “Neanderthal” decision to remove mask mandates
- COPA DEL REY Barcelona vs Sevilla: result, summary and goals