Guardiola: I hope Eric García doesn't go to Barcelona
Despite the fact that the Spanish international ends his contract this summer, Barcelona are hoping to land the defender in the January transfer window.
Pep Guardiola has spoken about the possibility of Manchester City defender Eric García joining Barcelona in the January transfer window. Despite the fact that the Spanish international ends his contract in the summer, the LaLiga giants are trying to sign the 20-year-old sooner rather than later.
Guardiola, for his part, is hoping the highly-rated centre-back will stay at Manchester City: "I hope he doesn't go, although maybe Barcelona know better than me. I don’t know what’s going to happen but maybe it’s going to happen."
The Catalan coach also analysed the situation in England regarding the coronavirus and the latest recommendations to footballers to not hug each other at goal celebrations: "The situation in the United Kingdom is not the fault of the players. Footballers, let's not put the responsibility on them. From day one we have followed the government's recommendations. We know the difficult situation here and we will do everything to follow the rules. When someone breaks them, it is not good. I hope we score many goals, although we will be careful not to hug each other."
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021: medal winners, athletes and results, 24 July
- AMERICAN RESCUE PLAN How much money can you get from stimulus checks and the Child Tax Credit?
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: medal count, athletes and results, today 24 July
- Olympic Games Since when is skate an olympic sport and why?
- OLYMPIC GAMES What is the USA basketball roster for the 2021 Tokyo Olympic Games?
- OLYMPIC GAMES USWNT bounce back in crushing 6-1 New Zealand win