Pochettino tests positive for COVID-19, will miss PSG's Angers clash
Just three days on from winning his first trophy as a coach, Mauricio Pochettino will have to watch PSG's next game in self-isolation.
Mauricio Pochettino will miss Paris Saint-Germain's Ligue 1 clash with Angers after testing positive for coronavirus.
The club confirmed in a tweet that Pochettino had returned a positive PCR test and will enter self-isolation.
PSG assistants to take charge in Pochettino's absence
Assistants Jesus Perez and Miguel D'Agostino will take charge for Saturday's clash at the Stade Jean-Bouin.
After a 1-1 draw against Saint-Etienne in his first game at the helm, Pochettino has overseen a 3-0 win over Brest and a 2-1 Trophee des Champions victory against Marseille.
Wednesday's defeat of PSG's arch rivals secured Pochettino's first trophy of his career as a coach.
Paris Saint-Germain coach Mauricio Pochettino has tested positive for COVID-19.— Paris Saint-Germain (@PSG_English) January 15, 2021
He will therefore enter isolation and is subject to the appropriate health protocols.
His assistants Jesus Perez and Miguel D’Agostino, will take over for tomorrow's match in Angers
PSG are a point behind Lyon at the top of Ligue 1.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: medal count, athletes and results, today 23 July
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics 2021 volleyball and beach volleyball schedule: dates, times, groups
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SWIMMING Tokyo Olympics 2021: Team USA's swimming schedule - dates, times, strokes, events
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SWIMMING What are Katie Ledecky's stats: records, Olympic medals, titles
- OLYMPIC GAMES What are the differences between indoor volleyball and beach volleyball in the Olympics?
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SOFTBALL AND BASEBALL Which sports were pulled from the 2012 and 2016 Olympics and are returning in Tokyo 2021?