Pochettino tests positive for COVID-19, will miss PSG's Angers clash
Just three days on from winning his first trophy as a coach, Mauricio Pochettino will have to watch PSG's next game in self-isolation.
Mauricio Pochettino will miss Paris Saint-Germain's Ligue 1 clash with Angers after testing positive for coronavirus.
The club confirmed in a tweet that Pochettino had returned a positive PCR test and will enter self-isolation.
PSG assistants to take charge in Pochettino's absence
Assistants Jesus Perez and Miguel D'Agostino will take charge for Saturday's clash at the Stade Jean-Bouin.
After a 1-1 draw against Saint-Etienne in his first game at the helm, Pochettino has overseen a 3-0 win over Brest and a 2-1 Trophee des Champions victory against Marseille.
Wednesday's defeat of PSG's arch rivals secured Pochettino's first trophy of his career as a coach.
Paris Saint-Germain coach Mauricio Pochettino has tested positive for COVID-19.— Paris Saint-Germain (@PSG_English) January 15, 2021
He will therefore enter isolation and is subject to the appropriate health protocols.
His assistants Jesus Perez and Miguel D’Agostino, will take over for tomorrow's match in Angers
PSG are a point behind Lyon at the top of Ligue 1.
Te recomendamos en English
- Bundesliga Jadon Sancho sets Bundesliga assist record in Arminia win
- FOOTBALL Transfer news round-up: Liverpool eyeing Gerard return as Klopp exit looms
- BOXING Canelo finishes Yildirim in three rounds to retain world titles
- NBA Mavs snap Nets' eight-game winning streak, Embiid scores 42 but 76ers lose in OT
- AMERICAN RESCUE PLAN ACT 2021 Will I be able to apply for a third stimulus check and $3000 child tax credit?
- US NEWS Third stimulus check updates today: when will Senate vote on it? | How much, who qualifies, Child tax credit | Live