Phil Neville is one step closer to becoming new Inter Miami head coach
According to The Times, Inter Miami and Phil Neville are about to reach a deal that will see the former England international coach the team in the 2021 MLS season.
A few weeks ago Inter Miami decided to part ways with head coach Diego Alonso after an unsatisfactory debut campaign in Major League Soccer. The franchise owned by David Beckham finished in 10th place in the Eastern Conference and they were eliminated in the first round of playoffs by Nashville SC.
For their second season in MLS, David Beckham will have a more active role in the sporting decisions and being involved in the choosing of the new head coach will be his first major move. According to The Times, Inter Miami and Phil Neville are about to reach a deal that will see Beckham's former team mate manage the team for the 2021 MLS season set to start in late-March.
Neville is currently managing the England women’s team, but he is about to reach a deal with the English Football Association to free him up for the Inter Miami job. The MLS side is trying to finalize the deal as soon as possible, so Neville can start working with the team for their second season.
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL Denver Broncos at NFL Draft 2021: Which players could they pick?
- UFC Dana White wants UFC to return to Mexico
- AMERICAN RESCUE PLAN IRS $3,000 child tax credit: when will the monthly payments begin?
- EARTH DAY 2021 What is the Earth Day and why it's celebrated today?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Will the IRS send supplemental payments to 2020 tax filers?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECK Fourth stimulus check: what entities are pressuring Biden to make a new payment?