Piqué appoints Sarabia as FC Andorra head coach
Quique Setién's former assistant at Barça has signed until June 2023, with the aim of achieving promotion to Spain's Second Division.
Eder Sarabia, Quique Setién's former assistant at Barcelona, has become the new coach of FC Andorra. Barça defender Gerard Piqué is one of the owners of the club through the Kosmos group. Until a few months ago, Sarabia was Piqué's coach at the Catalan club and now finds himself working under Piqué's orders at the Andorran club.
Sarabia has signed a deal until June 2023, with the aim of achieving promotion to the Second Division. Currently, Andorra sit second in Group 3 Sub group A of Spain's Third Division, just one point behind the leaders, Nástic.
At the age of 40, the Basque coach will undertake his first adventure as first team coach, having been assistant to Setién at Barcelona, Real Betis and Las Palmas. Sarabia will be officially presented as Andorra manager on Tuesday.
Te recomendamos en English
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid open to offers for Raphaël Varane
- Inter Milan Lautaro: "Barcelona is in the past, I’m staying at Inter"
- GOLF Tiger Woods "in good spirits" in hospital after follow-up procedures
- NBA LeBron James hits back at 'hypocrite' Ibrahimovic: "I'll never shut up about things that are wrong"
- NBA LeBron helps Lakers snap losing streak, Butler stars for Heat
- US NEWS Third stimulus check updates today: when it's coming, $1400 payments, $1.9 trillion bill passed | Live