Patrick Mahomes injured: When could he return?
The Kansas City quarterback sustained an injury against the Cleveland Browns in the NFL Divisional Round game on Sunday and now he is under the league’s concussion protocol.
Patrick Mahomes had to exit the action during the third quarter in the playoff game between the Kansas City Chiefs and the Cleveland Browns. The quarterback was tackled on an option run on third-and-1 looking for the first down. When he got tackled his head hit the ground and he struggled getting up, forcing him to miss the rest of the game in which the Chiefs prevailed 22-17.
Under concussion protocol
The last Super Bowl MVP was taken to the locker room for further evaluations and during the fourth quarter the Chiefs confirmed that he was out for the rest of the game. This Monday journalist Ian Rapoport, reported that Mahomes is now in the NFL’s concussion protocol and he has to undergo a five-step process without any set timeline for a full return.
Head coach Andy Reid gave a press conference on Monday afternoon and he said that on Wednesday or Thursday they will know if Patrick Mahomes will be available to face the Buffalo Bills in the Conference Championship on Sunday at Arrowhead stadium.
“He’s in the protocol and we’ll just follow that and see how he does here in the next couple of days. I just leave that with athletic trainer Rick Burkholder and the docs because of the protocol. It's a no brainer for the coaching staff, you don't have to think about it. ... I can't tell you from a medical standpoint where he's at. I don't know that,” added Reid.
Te recomendamos en English
- NBA ALL-STAR 2021 NBA All Star: Best images from the Slam Dunk Contest
- USMNT Giovanni Reyna could miss Dortmund's clash against Sevilla
- PREMIER LEAGUE Kane on par with Henry, Liverpool worst champions ever? Premier League weekend's quirky facts
- ATLÉTICO MADRID Atlético attack Real Madrid: "They even criticise correct decisions..."
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Champions League: Juve must be patient against Porto, says Pirlo
- US NEWS Third stimulus check: what's the last step after relief bill passed by Senate?