Martin Odegaard requests to leave Real Madrid on loan
The Norwegian midfielder was omitted from Zinedine Zidane's Real Madrid squad ahead of the midweek Copa del Rey clash against Alcoyano.
Martin Odegaard has reached tipping point and wants to leave Real Madrid during the winter transfer window on a loan deal. The Norwegian feels that the level of protagonism he was promised on his return from Real Madrid last summer has not been fulfilled with his omission from the Copa del Rey squad from the game against 2B outfit Alcoyano the final straw.
AS understands that the Norwegian fulfilled Tuesday's training session with no aches and pains which suggests that the decision not to take the player to Alcoy is purely a decision by head coach Zidane.
Odegaard's aim is to now find a loan deal for the remainder of the 2020/21 campaign and to secure first team football with the player disappointed at the chain of events in the capital after dazzling in the blue and white stripes during his loan spell with Real Sociedad and indeed the Basque club would be the obvious destination for the 22-year-old.
The frustration is accentuated for the Norwegian as it was the French coach who insisted that the player cut short his loan spell in San Sebastian by one season and is clearly disappointed with the way things have transpired at the club.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021: medal winners, athletes and results, 24 July
- AMERICAN RESCUE PLAN How much money can you get from stimulus checks and the Child Tax Credit?
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: medal count, athletes and results, today 24 July
- Olympic Games Since when is skate an olympic sport and why?
- OLYMPIC GAMES What is the USA basketball roster for the 2021 Tokyo Olympic Games?
- OLYMPIC GAMES USWNT bounce back in crushing 6-1 New Zealand win