Sports activities in Tunisia resume with football league set to return
The Tunisian sports ministry announced the resumption of all sport-related activities starting next Saturday.
The Tunisian Ministry of Sports announced in a statement on Tuesday that all sports activities in the country can be resumed starting next Saturday, including the Tunisian football league stressing that all precautionary measures and protocols have to be followed as dictated by the health authorities.
The ministry earlier announced the suspension of all sports-related activities between 14 and 24 January due to the surging covid-19 numbers, calling off all meetings that were scheduled to be held during that period.
The Tunisian Football Federation announced the resumption of the 2020-2021 league season as of Saturday as the ninth round of games are set to be held on two consecutive days.
Games to be played on Saturday:
US Monastir vs. Olympique Béja
ES Métlaoui vs. US Tataouine
CA Bizertin vs. CS Sfaxien
Espérance Sportive vs. Stade Tunisien
The ninth matchday fixtures will be completed on Sunday with the following games set to be played:
US Ben Guerdane vs. JS Kairouan
AS Soliman vs. Club Africain
Étoile Sportive du Sahel vs. AS Rejiche
Coronavirus in Tunisia:
Tunisia has witnessed over 180,000 covid-19 cases since the start of the pandemic with a significant surge in figures over the past few weeks. More than 133,000 have fully recovered while nearly 5,800 people have died because of the virus.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: child tax credit date, plus up payments in third check, how to claim
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECK $600 Golden State Stimulus check: can I get it if I also received the third stimulus check?
- US NEWS Lyrids meteor shower 2021: dates, times and how to see in the US
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECK Is it possible to use the money from the stimulus check to pay the rent or the mortgage?
- CORONAVIRUS US Coronavirus US: is a third dose of the Pfizer vaccine necessary?
- US NEWS How to get Covid-19 a vaccine appointment in Florida?