Simeone: "I'm happy at Atlético"
The Atleti coach took questions from the press ahead of Thursday's meeting with Eibar and also spoke about his contract, which will expire next year.
Diego Simeone faced the media on Wednesday to look ahead to tomorrow's LaLiga game against Eibar. He also faced questions about his future and his contract, which will expire in June 2022.
Renewing terms with Atleti: "As soon as we have something concrete to tell you, we will let you know. There's nothing I can tell you right now. I-m happy here. I have a very important year ahead. Have no doubt that when we sit down to discuss it, you will be the first to know".
Hermoso and Koke ruled out: "Trippier is out too. Three important absentees for the team but it means that there will be opportunities for their team mates. It's going to be a difficult game - their coach has total belief in what he is doing. It will be a game in which we hope to punish them. We hope to put in a good performance".
Dembélé's training sessions: "He has only recently arrived and he is trying to settle in and adapt as quickly as he possibly can. He has team mates like Kondogbia and Carrasco who have been helping him with the language. He looks very enthusiastic and determined. He hope to get the very best out of him".
Winter transfer window: "We hope it is over as soon as possible so that we can maintain our squad of players".
Ødegaard on loan? "I'm respectful but I am not thinking about that".
João Félix's role: "We ask the same of him as we always have. When he has played, he has always shown the best of his talents. When he is at his best, he creates a lot of chances for us in attack".
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA Gymnastics Women's Team Finals: participants, format, scoring
- TOKYO OLYMPICS Simone Biles’ family life: who are her parents and boyfriend?
- OLYMPICS | GYMNASTICS What is Simone Biles' net worth?
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: medal count, athletes and results, today 27 July
- OLYMPIC GAMES | ATHLETICS Olympic Games: what are the 100m and 200m world records?
- US NEWS Are stimulus checks and the Child Tax Credit payments leading to an increase in inflation?