ACL champions Ulsan Hyundai sign Hinterseer from Hamburg
As they prepare for their Club World Cup campaign, the South Korean side have announced the arrival of Austrian international striker Lukas Hinterseer.
K League side Ulsan Hyundai, who won the most recent AFC Champions League title, announced on Friday that they have secured the services of Austrian striker Lukas Hinterseer, who has been at German club Hamburg ranks for the past two and half years.
New Ulsan Hyundai signing capped 13 times by Austria
The 29-year old international made 29 appearances in his last campaign with the second-division German side, netting nine goals prior to completing his move to the Asian champions, where he is set to start a new challenge.
Tschüs Lukee! 👋— HSV English (@HSV_English) January 22, 2021
Lukas Hinterseer has this morning joined South Korean side Ulsan Hyundai FC 🔁
We would like to thank Lukas for all that he did for the club and wish him all the best for the future 🤝#nurderHSV pic.twitter.com/7yCFWJxDQv
He also has 13 international caps and was part of the Austrian national team squad for Euro 2016.
Hinterseer set for AFC Champions League, FIFA Club World Cup action at new club
Under their newly appointed coach, Ulsan Hyundai are set to take on some new challenges as they will be one of four teams representing South Korea in the 2020-2021 AFC Champions League, together with Jeonbuk Hyundai Motors, Pohang Steelers, and Daegu FC. The group-stage draw is scheduled for 27 January.
They are also participating in the FIFA Club World Cup tournament next month in Qatar, with their opening game of the campaign against CONCACAF champions Tigres UANL set to be held on 4 February, the same day African champions Al-Ahly take on Qataris Al-Duhail.
Ulsan's former coach, Kim Do-hoon, who led the team to their historic second AFC CL crown, parted ways with the South Korean club following his victory over Persepolis last December to be replaced by Hong Myung-bo.
Te recomendamos en English
- 2021 TAX FILING How to check your adjusted gross income for tax filing and the third stimulus check
- NFL Roethlisberger to stay with Steelers for 2021 after agreeing new deal
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Third stimulus check: what's the deadline for the Senate vote?
- Coronavirus Stimulus Checks What are automatic stimulus checks and will they become a reality?
- 2021 TAX FILING Tax Return 2021: how to calculate what you pay with income brackets and rates
- 2021 TAX FILING Tax credit for child care: how much it is per child and family?