Chiefs vs Bills: Mahomes 'feeling good' ahead of AFC decider
Andy Reid discussed Patrick Mahomes, who remains in concussion protocol ahead of Sunday's blockbuster against the Buffalo Bills.
Kansas City Chiefs head coach Andy Reid said Patrick Mahomes is feeling good as the Super Bowl champions monitor the star quarterback ahead of the AFC Championship Game.
Mahomes is the new James Brown
Mahomes is in concussion protocol but continues to practice after leaving last week's win over the Cleveland Browns following a hit from Mack Wilson.
It remains to be seen whether the Super Bowl MVP and the 2018 Most Valuable Player, who did not return against the Browns, will face the Buffalo Bills on Sunday.
- When and where is Super Bowl LV 2021? - Date, location, teams & start time
- Mahomes and Chiefs to face Brady's Buccaneers in Super Bowl LV
- Buccaneers survive Brady's second-half slump to reach home Super Bowl
- How many times has Tom Brady played the Super Bowl?
- Buccaneers beat Packers to reach Super Bowl LV
- Which team has played more NFL conference finals?
- Super Bowl LV: Sarah Thomas set to be first female official
But speaking after Thursday's practice, Reid told reporters: "Pat looked good out there.
"He did a nice job when he was doing it. It looks like he's moving around well.
Willie Gay and Le'Veon Bell did not practice today.— Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) January 21, 2021
Bashaud Breeland, Clyde Edwards-Helaire, Rashad Fenton, Sammy Watkins, and Patrick Mahomes were limited.https://t.co/refMaIUM6R
"He feels good. It's just important that we follow the protocol and that's what we're doing.''
Mahomes became just the second player in NFL history – after Steve Young – to have both passing and rushing touchdowns in three straight playoff games.
He has thrown for 14 touchdowns and two interceptions across six playoff games, with a career postseason QB rating of 106.6, the best in league history.
Kansas City's offensive co-ordinator Eric Bieniemy added: "He looks like Pat to me.
"He's been great in meetings. He's fun. He's energetic. You can always count on Pat being Pat.''
Top seeds the Chiefs are appearing in the AFC Championship decider for the third consecutive season as they prepare to welcome the Bills to Arrowhead Stadium.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: medal count, athletes and results, today 23 July
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics 2021 volleyball and beach volleyball schedule: dates, times, groups
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SWIMMING Tokyo Olympics 2021: Team USA's swimming schedule - dates, times, strokes, events
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SWIMMING What are Katie Ledecky's stats: records, Olympic medals, titles
- OLYMPIC GAMES What are the differences between indoor volleyball and beach volleyball in the Olympics?
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SOFTBALL AND BASEBALL Which sports were pulled from the 2012 and 2016 Olympics and are returning in Tokyo 2021?