NBA: "I suck right now", LA Lakers star Anthony Davis complains
Despite the Los Angeles Lakers earning a record-extending road win, Anthony Davis conceded that he's far from satisfied with his recent form.
Anthony Davis offered a scathing assessment of his recent performances despite the LA Lakers earning another road win on Thursday, saying: "I suck right now".
Lakers beat Bucks for eighth straight away win
The Lakers extended their franchise away record to eight consecutive wins on the road to start the season by topping the Milwaukee Bucks 113-106.
LeBron James posted a season-high 34 points, while All-Star team-mate Davis had 18 points, nine rebounds, six assists and two blocks for the Western Conference-leading Lakers (12-4).
Davis, though, was far from pleased with his display after shooting just eight of 18 from the field and missing his only three-point attempt.
"I'm not making shots, I'm not making free throws"
"Right now, to be hard on myself, man, I think I suck right now," Davis said post-game. "I'm not making shots, I'm not making free throws. But I think tonight my aggressiveness, just being a poster and getting to the paint allowed guys to get open."
David added: "My aggressiveness tonight. That's the only way I feel like I'm gonna get out of this funk or whatever that I'm in.
"I put a lot of pressure on myself to be a better basketball player every game, and that's what I'm gonna continue to do."
"I trust my team-mates. AC [Alex Caruso] hit one for me. Bron hit one and Kenny [Kentavious Caldwell-Pope] hit one, and they're in the right spots where I want guys when I have the ball in the post," Davis continued.
"And just [am] able to make the read with their guys doubling or collapsing to the paint when I get there, and was able to kick it out and those guys made shots."
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: medal count, athletes and results, today 23 July
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics 2021 volleyball and beach volleyball schedule: dates, times, groups
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SWIMMING Tokyo Olympics 2021: Team USA's swimming schedule - dates, times, strokes, events
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SWIMMING What are Katie Ledecky's stats: records, Olympic medals, titles
- OLYMPIC GAMES What are the differences between indoor volleyball and beach volleyball in the Olympics?
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SOFTBALL AND BASEBALL Which sports were pulled from the 2012 and 2016 Olympics and are returning in Tokyo 2021?