What are Aaron Rodgers & Tom Brady records? Super Bowl appearances, titles, completions...
The star quarterbacks for the Green Bay Packers and the Tampa Bay Buccaneers are expected to take all the headlines, so we thought we'd have another look.
Aaron Rodgers and the Green Bay Packers stand between the Tampa Bay Buccaneers' Tom Brady and his shot at a record-extending seventh Super Bowl ring in a NFC Championship showdown between two of the best quarterbacks ever to play the game on Sunday. We take a look with a little stat help from our friends at sofascore.com.
Rodgers vs Brady showdown for the ages
Rodgers is the favourite to take league MVP honours this season but to reach the Super Bowl the 37-year-old will have to overcome a stout Bucs' defense and the iron will of Brady, who won six NFL titles in two decades with New England before heading south to Tampa.
Popular related news:
- When and where is Super Bowl LV 2021? - Date, location, teams & start time
- Mahomes and Chiefs to face Brady's Buccaneers in Super Bowl LV
- Buccaneers survive Brady's second-half slump to reach home Super Bowl
- How many times has Tom Brady played the Super Bowl?
- Buccaneers beat Packers to reach Super Bowl LV
- Which team has played more NFL conference finals?
- Super Bowl LV: Sarah Thomas set to be first female official
Aaron Rodgers (Green Bay Packers)
Rodgers threw for 4,299 yards in the regular season, 48 touchdowns and finished with the league's best passer rating and says the Packers have come a long was since being hammered 38-10 by the Bucs in October.
"That was so long ago ... and I think we learned a lot from all of our wins and losses," said Rodgers, who led the Packers to six straight wins to end the regular season and won the Super Bowl with the team in 2011.
"The most important thing is how you're playing going into the playoffs."
Rodgers - a Super Bowl champion in the 2010 season - recorded his 12th career playoff game with 250-plus passing yards and two-plus passing touchdowns against the Rams.
According to NFL Research, the only other payers in NFL history with 10-plus such games are Brady (17), Joe Montana (12) and New Orleans Saints quarterback Drew Brees (10).
Rodgers also eclipsed Brett Favre for most playoff completions (439) in Packers history and has thrown for multiple passing TDs in eight consecutive postseason games, tied with Joe Flacco for the longest streak in history. Now with 233 in his career, Rodgers also passed Favre for the most touchdown passes thrown at Lambeau Field (regular and postseason).
Aaron Rodgers to Tom Brady after the Packers’ 38-10 loss in Week 6:— Matt Schneidman (@mattschneidman) January 18, 2021
“We’ll see you down the line.” pic.twitter.com/183obAuRKP
Tom Brady (Tampa Bay Buccaneers)
Brady's decision to leave the Patriots for the Buccaneers, whose sole Super Bowl triumph came in 2003, raised some eyebrows around the league but he proved his doubters wrong by throwing 40 touchdown passes, his most since the 2007 season.
Brady rolls into Green Bay with an array of reliable pass catchers including wide receiver Mike Evans, who just completed his seventh straight season with more than 1,000 receiving yards.
Tight end Rob Gronkowski, who won three rings with Brady in New England and came out of retirement to join him in Tampa, told reporters this week that this offensive group is one of the most talented he has been part of.
Playoff QBs passer rating under pressure:— PFF (@PFF) January 21, 2021
1. Josh Allen - 108.6
2. Patrick Mahomes - 74.3
3. Tom Brady - 61.9
4. Aaron Rodgers - 55.2 pic.twitter.com/v8uBEdek7B
"I've been around a lot of great, talented players, but I would say overall – as a group, from position to position (with) how many guys we have at each position – I would say this definitely ranks up there, if it's not number one for talent as a whole," said the 31-year-old five-time Pro Bowler.
"The main goal, obviously, is always to make it to the Super Bowl, but it's hard. It's one of the hardest things to do out there in the sports world."
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: medal count, athletes and results, today 23 July
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics 2021 volleyball and beach volleyball schedule: dates, times, groups
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SWIMMING Tokyo Olympics 2021: Team USA's swimming schedule - dates, times, strokes, events
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SWIMMING What are Katie Ledecky's stats: records, Olympic medals, titles
- OLYMPIC GAMES What are the differences between indoor volleyball and beach volleyball in the Olympics?
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SOFTBALL AND BASEBALL Which sports were pulled from the 2012 and 2016 Olympics and are returning in Tokyo 2021?