Odegaard set to complete move to Arsenal from Real Madrid
According to The Times, Arsenal will pay Real Madrid €2 million for the loan deal which sees Odegaard join the Premier League club for the rest of the season.
Arsenal have agreed to sign Martin Odegaard on loan from Real Madrid until the end of the season. AS understand that the Norwegian will travel to London on Sunday night ahead of completing a move to the Gunners on Monday. He will undergo a medical with the Premier League club before being officially presented at the Emirates.
There is no purchase option involved in the 6-month loan deal. According to The Times, Arsenal will pay Real Madrid €2 million for the deal until the end of the 2020/21 season. It is the same figure that Real Sociedad paid in 2019. Arsenal will pay Odegaard's full salary.
Arteta key in Odegaard decision
Arsenal manager Mikel Arteta spoke to the 22-year-old directly to assure him that he will get minutes in his new project. This has reportedly been decisive for the Norwegian, who also had the choice of returning to Real Sociedad, where he showed some superb form last season. Real Madrid are happier with the offer from Arsenal as they are not a direct rival.
Odegaard will be their second loanee from Real Madrid this season, along with fellow midfielder Dani Ceballos.
Te recomendamos en English
- Liverpool Klopp: Mbappe, Haaland will think twice if Liverpool can't offer Champions League football
- CSL Chinese Super League counts the cost of the boom years
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid, Liverpool and Juve keen on Lyon's Houssem Aouar
- NBA NBA All-Star weekend: who were the Hall of Famers in 2020?
- CORONAVIRUS Biden criticises “Neanderthal” decision to remove mask mandates
- COPA DEL REY Barcelona vs Sevilla: result, summary and goals