Inter boss Conte banned for two games after referee rant
Having a real go at referee Fabio Maresca last weekend has proved to be costly for Inter head coach Antonio Conte.
Antonio Conte has been given a two-match ban after he was shown a red card in the closing stages of Inter's goalless Serie A draw at Udinese on Saturday.
Conte rage costs him two games
Conte was also fined €20,000 by Lega Serie A on Tuesday following a rant at referee Fabio Maresca as the Nerazzurri dropped points in the title race.
The Inter head coach was sanctioned after venting his fury over the number of minutes that were added on at the end of the game and continued his protests after the final whistle.
Inter team manager Lele Oriali was suspended for one game and hit in the pocket to the tune of €5,000 for his post-game protests.
Second-placed Inter face arch-rivals Milan in the quarter-finals of the Coppa Italia on Tuesday before returning to Serie A action against Benevento on Saturday, then take on Fiorentina six days later.
Te recomendamos en English
- FOOTBALL Lehmann: Sancho is on a par with Messi and Lewandowski
- PREMIER LEAGUE Liverpool vs Chelsea live online: Premier League 2020-21
- Coronavirus Stimulus Checks What are automatic stimulus checks and will they become a reality?
- 2021 Tax Filing Is it mandatory to file a tax return? When is the deadline?
- 2021 TAX FILING Tax credit for child care: how much it is per child and family?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Third stimulus check: what's the deadline for the Senate vote?