Real Madrid in pole position in the battle for Alaba's signature
The Santiago Bernabéu outfit are at the front of the queue for the Austrian's services but face stiff competition from City, PSG, Liverpool, United and Chelsea.
After deciding against renewing his deal with Bayern Munich, the Austrian international has become a target for many leading European sides with David Alaba's name continually linked with a move to Real Madrid. The Spanish side face some stern competition in the tussle for his signature with the likes of Manchester City and Man United, PSG and Liverpool also reportedly in the hunt for the 28-year-old. As things stand, the LaLiga side are at the front of the queue having outlined a four year deal with a annual net salary of 11 million euro for the player and despite recent reports suggesting the move had been completed, Madrid affirm that nothing has been sealed with the months of April or May the earliest a deal would be completed.
Alaba's initial demand at Bayern was a 13 million euro salary and a five year deal and at present Manchester City have tabled the most generous offering 14 million (along with bonuses and commission). Liverpool, who are also interested in the defender's services have concerns about the wage bill which would see the Austrian the highest paid player at Anfield.
The Bernabéu side have ruled out a wage war and are prepared to offer 11 million to the player which would see Alaba become the fourth highest earner at Real Madrid with the club currently trying to negotiate a covid-19 salary reduction for all first team squad members. Eden Hazard is currently the top earner with a pay packet of 14 million euro oper season ahead of Sergio Ramos and Benzema with both player's earning 12 million euro per season.
Despite speculation that David Alaba had already undergone a medical check with Real Madrid, the player's representative have vigorously denied the accusation and maintain that the medical review was linked with a private health policy and a routine check-up for insurance purposes.
Te recomendamos en English
- 2021 TAX FILING How to check your adjusted gross income for tax filing and the third stimulus check
- NFL Roethlisberger to stay with Steelers for 2021 after agreeing new deal
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Third stimulus check: what's the deadline for the Senate vote?
- Coronavirus Stimulus Checks What are automatic stimulus checks and will they become a reality?
- 2021 TAX FILING Tax Return 2021: how to calculate what you pay with income brackets and rates
- 2021 TAX FILING Tax credit for child care: how much it is per child and family?