Ramos' Real Madrid contract renewal remains stagnant
Despite hopes that both the club and player would have agreed renewal terms at this stage of 2021, the Camas born defender is still unsure of where he will play next season.
With the month of January fast approaching its conclusion, there is still no breakthrough in the Sergio Ramos-Real Madrid contract renewal situation. The club captain, under FIFA ruling is now free to speak to other would be interested parties with his current deal with Real Madrid concluding on 30 June, 2021.
Real Madrid remain committed to internal club policy of renewing players over 30 for one season with the current club captain (who will turn 35 in March) demanding a term of two years.
Real Madrid and Croatian central player Luka Modric recently concluded renewal talks despite this still yet to be made official from the LaLiga side. As part of the deal, Modric has agreed to accept the 10% salary reduction with the club proposing a simar drop to all football and basketball first team players. Real Madrid have also made a similar proposition to Ramos requesting that the defender reduce his annual income from 12 million euro to 10.8.
Ramos-Madrid: grounds for hope
Ramos remains committed to his vision of ending his career with the Santiago Bernabéu club despite the best attempts of David Beckham to lure the defender to play with MLS side Inter Miami. Real Madrid cite covid related financial constraints as part of their decision making as they also look to future acquisitions to refresh an ageing squad.
As things stand, come June, Sergio Ramos would be able to leave Real Madrid as a free agent at the end of the current campaign with Spain's Onda Cero radio claiming that PSG are prepared to offer the central defender a three year deal and a salary of 15 million euro per season.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Third stimulus check updates today: when it's coming, $1400 payments, IRS tax refund, stimulus calculator | Live
- Coronavirus Coronavirus US: what is the Californian strain; is it more dangerous and contagious?
- Coronavirus Stimulus Checks Third stimulus check: how you might save $3,100 in taxes with the new payment?
- US News Why has Biden rescinded the Trump’s apprenticeship program?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Third stimulus check: can the payment be approved in the House vote on Friday?
- GAMING PlayStation State of Play February: times, stream and how to watch for new PS4 & PS5 games