Date set for postponed 19/20 Copa del Rey final
According to sources in the Andalusian regional government, the game between Real Sociedad and Athletic will take place at La Cartuja on 3 April.
AS has been informed from sources close to the Andalusian regional government that the postponed 2019/20 Copa del Rey final between Real Sociedad and Athletic Club will take place on 3 April and at the La Cartuja Olympic stadium in Seville and not Sunday 4 April as was originally planned.
The game was postponed last year with the advance of the coronavirus pandemic and it was hoped by both clubs that supporters could attend this rescheduled date as was the keen desire of both finalists but with the ongoing third wave of the virus, everything points to the game being staged behind closed doors. The Spanish FA (RFEF) are expected to formally confirm the date next week.
Just two weeks later, La Cartuja will host the final for the current season's competition which has now reached the quarter-final stage with the draw set to be held on Friday. Real Sociedad were eliminated at the hands of Betis earlier in the week but at the time of writing Athletic could participate in two Spanish cup finals within the space of 14 days.
Te recomendamos en English
- PREMIER LEAGUE Aubameyang out of hospital and feeling good after malaria diagnosis - Arteta
- FOOTBALL Pogba unable to explain 'strange' relationship with Mourinho
- NBA Warriors rookie Wiseman undergoes season-ending knee surgery
- TAX SEASON 2021 Why is my tax return still being processed?
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: child tax credit date, plus up payments in third check, how to claim
- US NEWS Covid vaccine in the US live updates today: J&J vaccine recall, blood clots, Fauci statements, my turn...