Atlético pair Carrasco and Hermoso test positive for Covid-19
Atlético Madrid will be without Yannick Carrasco and Mario Hermoso for the time being due to their positive coronavirus tests.
Yannick Carrasco and Mario Hermoso have tested positive for coronavirus and face a period of self-isolation, Atlético Madrid announced today. Th club explained that the positive results had been returned the previous day and the players have already been isolating at home. They did not disclose how long the two players will have to isolate or when they will be expected back in training. However, both will miss Sunday's trip to Cádiz and are unlikely to face Celta a week on Monday.
Our players @CarrascoY21 and @mariohermoso5 have tested positive for COVID-19.— Atlético de Madrid (@atletienglish) January 30, 2021
They're isolating at home, in compliance with the health authorities’ guidelines and LaLiga protocols.
Atleti top the table
While losing two important players will undoubtedly be a blow to head coach Diego Simeone, his side are sitting pretty at LaLiga's summit. They have won seven in a row in the league and sat seven points clear of rivals Real Madrid at the top of the table heading into the weekend, with the Colchoneros also having a game in hand.
Both Hermoso and Carrasco have played 15 out of Atlético's 18 LaLiga matches this season.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: child tax credit date, plus up payments in third check, how to claim
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECK $600 Golden State Stimulus check: can I get it if I also received the third stimulus check?
- US NEWS Lyrids meteor shower 2021: dates, times and how to see in the US
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECK Is it possible to use the money from the stimulus check to pay the rent or the mortgage?
- CORONAVIRUS US Coronavirus US: is a third dose of the Pfizer vaccine necessary?
- US NEWS How to get Covid-19 a vaccine appointment in Florida?