Pyramids FC reportedly closing in on signing Diego Rolán
Following the departure of their Tunisian striker Amor Layouni, the Egyptian side has a vacant spot for a foreign player.
Media reports suggest that Egyptian top-tier side Pyramids have reached an advanced stage of negotiations to secure the services of striker Diego Rolán from Spanish second division club, Deportivo La Coruña. This comes as a place for a foreign player among the club's squad became available following the departure of Tunisian Amor Layouni who joined Vålerenga of Norway.
Layouni joined Pyramids in 2019 from Bodø/Glimt for a million and a half dollars but he hasn't made a single appearance with the Confederation Cup runners-up who let go of him in the current transfer window.
According to Italian reports, the Egyptian outfit are in talks with the Uruguayan striker who spent last season as a loanee at FC Juárez in Mexico, while he only made four appearances for the Spanish side this season, netting twice and creating one.
The Italian newspaper noted that Pyramids have already reached an advanced stage of talks with the 27-year-old striker to sign him during this January transfer window.
Pyramids finished third of the Egyptian league last season in addition to being the runners up of the CAF Confederation Cup when they lost the final game to Moroccan RS Berkane. The team's current campaign doesn't look promising as they lie in fifth place of the standings with only 15 points earned from 10 games.
Te recomendamos en English
- 2021 MLS SEASON Inter Miami: 2021 MLS regular-season schedule
- SERIE A Cristiano Ronaldo missing for Juventus' trip to Atalanta
- QATAR 2022 Tim Cahill, aiming for success in new Aspire Academy role
- COPA DEL REY Copa del Rey winners list: who has lifted the most Copas?
- BASEBALL Dodgers blow as Cody Bellinger suffers hairline fracture in left fibula
- NBA Simmons backs Embiid for MVP: "I don't know how to stop him!"