Pyramids FC reportedly closing in on signing Diego Rolán
Following the departure of their Tunisian striker Amor Layouni, the Egyptian side has a vacant spot for a foreign player.
Media reports suggest that Egyptian top-tier side Pyramids have reached an advanced stage of negotiations to secure the services of striker Diego Rolán from Spanish second division club, Deportivo La Coruña. This comes as a place for a foreign player among the club's squad became available following the departure of Tunisian Amor Layouni who joined Vålerenga of Norway.
Layouni joined Pyramids in 2019 from Bodø/Glimt for a million and a half dollars but he hasn't made a single appearance with the Confederation Cup runners-up who let go of him in the current transfer window.
According to Italian reports, the Egyptian outfit are in talks with the Uruguayan striker who spent last season as a loanee at FC Juárez in Mexico, while he only made four appearances for the Spanish side this season, netting twice and creating one.
The Italian newspaper noted that Pyramids have already reached an advanced stage of talks with the 27-year-old striker to sign him during this January transfer window.
Pyramids finished third of the Egyptian league last season in addition to being the runners up of the CAF Confederation Cup when they lost the final game to Moroccan RS Berkane. The team's current campaign doesn't look promising as they lie in fifth place of the standings with only 15 points earned from 10 games.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021: medal winners, athletes and results, 24 July
- AMERICAN RESCUE PLAN How much money can you get from stimulus checks and the Child Tax Credit?
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: medal count, athletes and results, today 24 July
- Olympic Games Since when is skate an olympic sport and why?
- OLYMPIC GAMES What is the USA basketball roster for the 2021 Tokyo Olympic Games?
- OLYMPIC GAMES USWNT bounce back in crushing 6-1 New Zealand win