Al Hilal getting close to Brazilian Alex Teixeira
Suadi club Al-Hilal are eager to secure the Brazilian star signature on a free transfer after he recently parted ways with Chinese club Jiangsu Suning.
Al-Hilal of Saudi Arabia have started negotiations with Brazilian forward Alex Teixeira who most recently played for Chinese side Jiangsu Suning before becoming a free agent when his contract with the Chinese outfit came to an end.
Negotiations between the two parties had ceased when they failed to come to an agreement, with the club having set a particular budget they didn't want to exceed for securing the player's services, however, Teixeira's move seems more likely to happen now since the club would only have to pay the player's salary.
Other teams inside and outside Saudi Arabia joined the race:
According to Saudi outlet Aljazeera several Saudi and non-Saudi clubs have joined the race to sign the 31-year-old player whose market value is estimated to be 13.5 million euros.
Reports also suggest the Portuguese side Benfica were in talks with the talented number 10 before negotiations stopped as the two sides also failed to reach an agreement, paving the way for Al-Hilal's negotiations with the player to resume.
Teixeira who is 171cm tall and weighs 70 kgs was voted best player in the 2009 FIFA U20 World Cup having made his debut for Brazilian Vasco Da Gama at the age of 18 before he moved to Ukrainian Shakhtar Donetsk where he hit the peak of his career spending 7 years with the club in which he scored 89 goals in 222 appearances prior to his move to the Chinese league.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021: medal winners, athletes and results, 24 July
- AMERICAN RESCUE PLAN How much money can you get from stimulus checks and the Child Tax Credit?
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: medal count, athletes and results, today 24 July
- Olympic Games Since when is skate an olympic sport and why?
- OLYMPIC GAMES What is the USA basketball roster for the 2021 Tokyo Olympic Games?
- OLYMPIC GAMES USWNT bounce back in crushing 6-1 New Zealand win