João Félix tests positive for coronavirus
A positive covid-19 test has forced João Félix to self-isolate ahead of Atlético Madrid's game against Celta Vigo.
João Félix has tested positive for covid-19, adding to Diego Simeone's problems ahead of Atlético Madrid's meeting with Celta Vigo.
Portugal international João Félix is self-isolating at home, as team-mates Mario Hermoso and Yannick Carrasco have been doing since Friday.
A brief Atlético statement read: "João Félix has tested positive for covid-19. The striker is isolating at home, in compliance with the health authorities' guidelines and LaLiga protocols."
Simeone's men have a 10-point advantage at the top of LaLiga and welcome Celta to the Wanda Metropolitano on Monday. They then travel to Granada the following Saturday.
Hermoso and Carrasco are unlikely to return for the meeting with Celta, while Kieran Trippier will be absent due to suspension.
João Félix marked his return to the starting line-up against Valencia on January 24 by scoring his first goal in almost two months and setting up another, leading Atlético from a goal down to a 3-1 victory.
Hoping for more game time
The 21-year-old has been left out of the first XI eight times in LaLiga this season and Atlético have won all those matches.
However, when João Félix starts they average two more shots (12.1 to 10.0) and their goals-per-game ratio improves from 1.9 to 2.3.
Te recomendamos en English
- US News Why weren’t the funds from the $3000/$3600 child tax credit sent with the stimulus check payments?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Golden State Stimulus: How to claim the extra $500 under the California Comeback Plan
- Boxing Boxing legend Mike Tyson believes that Floyd Mayweather is going to win against Logan Paul
- Coronavirus Pfizer Vaccine Approval: When and where can children 12-15 get vaccinated?
- CORONAVIRUS US How to score the Clear Health Pass covid-19 vaccine passport?
- CORONAVIRUS US Covid-19 vaccine for tourists in New York: how much and where can people get it?