SUPER BOWL LV 2021
Tampa Bay Buccaneers roster: who are their historical players and legends?
The Bucs of Tampa Bay have a Super Bowl showdown against the Kansas City Chiefs on Sunday 7 February with their players looking to go down in the annals of history.
On Sunday 7 February the Tampa Bay Buccaneers will welcome reigning champions, the Kansas City Chiefs, to the Raymond James Stadium, making them the first team to play a Super Bowl on their home turf. What a chance for their players to shine in very familiar surroundings and with some home leaning support in situ.
The greatest Buccaneers
The current roster of the Tampa Bay side can boast a number of stars that may go down in history depending on what happens in Super Bowl LV, but we wanted to consider those that have come in the past. The Bucs were formed in 1976 and took a while to really get going, although did manage to make it for some play-off action around the turn of the 1980s and quarterback Doug Williams along with defensive end Lee Roy Selmon were both highly regarded across the league.
Super Bowl LV news:
- Mahomes vs Brady: how the Chiefs QB can narrow the gap
- How are Super Bowl cities selected?
- Tom Brady's numbers worth three Hall of Fame spots
- How many Super Bowls have the Buccaneers played & won?
- Buccaneers beat Packers to reach Super Bowl LV
- Tom Brady is one step ahead of everything” - Steve Spagnuolo
Successful times did lie ahead as we edged closer to the end of the century as better players were brought in to build a base for the future. Warren Sapp was a key part of the defence at that time and is still revered as a legend of that position. Other defenders that Bucs fans hold dear included the likes of Ronde Barber, John Lynch and, who could forget, Derrick Brooks. One of the best defenses in memory was a key factor in the run to the 2003 Super Bowl victory, while fullback Mike Alstott played an important role in offense.
Many of the headlines being written about this season’s campaign include the living legend, although new Buc, Tom Brady - we’ve already looked in detail about his upcoming battle with rival quarterback Patrick Mahomes - but who else from the Tampa side this season will be remembered decades from now.
Tampa Bay Buccaneers: current roster
Check out the full updated roster of the Bucs at the official site.
Te recomendamos en English
- TOKYO OLYMPICS Tokyo Olympics cancellation remains an option, says top Japanese politician
- NBA Dallas' Doncic on game-winning three-pointer: "Those are the best feelings ever"
- US NEWS A new proposal to revamp unemployment systems and increase benefits announced
- DEREK CHAUVIN TRIAL Derek Chauvin pleads the Fifth Amendment: what is it, and what are the defendant’s rights when they invoke it?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Veteran third stimulus check: when is it arriving & how much?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Fourth stimulus check: why could it be unlikely?