Koulibaly tests positive for Covid-19 ahead of Coppa semi-final and Juventus clash
Ahead of important meetings with Atalanta and Juventus, Napoli defender Kalidou Koulibaly has tested positive for Covid-19.
Kalidou Koulibaly tested positive for coronavirus ahead of Napoli's Coppa Italia semi-final second leg with Atalanta and Serie A meeting with Juventus. The centre-back returned a positive result on Friday and began self-isolating ahead of Saturday's league game against struggling Genoa. Napoli are scheduled to face Atalanta for a place in the Coppa Italia final on Wednesday and Juve – who sit two points ahead of them in fourth in Serie A – the following Saturday.
A club statement read: "After the swabs carried out this morning, Kalidou Koulibaly tested positive for COVID-19. The player is asymptomatic and will observe a period of self-isolation at home."
Granada clash looming
Napoli are already without Faouzi Ghoulam for their trip to Genoa after the full-back tested positive for coronavirus. After taking on Juventus, Napoli travel to Granada for the first leg of their Europa League last-32 tie on 18 February.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021: medal winners, athletes and results, 24 July
- AMERICAN RESCUE PLAN How much money can you get from stimulus checks and the Child Tax Credit?
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: medal count, athletes and results, today 24 July
- Olympic Games Since when is skate an olympic sport and why?
- OLYMPIC GAMES What is the USA basketball roster for the 2021 Tokyo Olympic Games?
- OLYMPIC GAMES USWNT bounce back in crushing 6-1 New Zealand win