Pachin: Real Madrid mourns loss of defender aged 82
Enrique Pérez Díaz - Pachin - who won two European Cups and seven LaLiga titles as a defender at Real Madrid, has passed away aged 82.
Real Madrid great Enrique Pérez Díaz, better known as Pachín, has died at the age of 82.
The Spanish giants confirmed the news of the former defender's passing on Wednesday.
Pachín made 218 appearances for Madrid between 1959 and 1968 and was part of one of the club's most successful periods.
He won two European Cups, one Intercontinental Cup, seven LaLiga titles and one Spanish Super Cup across his nine years at the Santiago Bernabeu.
Madrid paid tribute to the eight-cap Spain international on their official website.
Real Madrid pay tribute to Pachín
Official Announcement: passing of Enrique Pérez 'Pachín'. #RealMadrid— Real Madrid C.F. (@realmadriden) February 10, 2021
A statement read: "Real Madrid would like to express its condolences and its warmth and sympathy to his wife Mercedes, his daughters Cristina and Mercedes, his grandchildren Javier and Cristina and all his relatives and loved ones.
"Real Madrid, the club to which he was associated with throughout his life, extends its condolences to all of Madridismo."
Pachín also represented Gimnastica, Burgos, Osasuna, Real Betis and Toluca during his playing days, before a lengthy coaching career that saw him manage 12 different teams, including Madrid's youth side.
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL Denver Broncos at NFL Draft 2021: Which players could they pick?
- UFC Dana White wants UFC to return to Mexico
- AMERICAN RESCUE PLAN IRS $3,000 child tax credit: when will the monthly payments begin?
- EARTH DAY 2021 What is the Earth Day and why it's celebrated today?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Will the IRS send supplemental payments to 2020 tax filers?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECK Fourth stimulus check: what entities are pressuring Biden to make a new payment?