Jürgen Klopp unable to attend mother's funeral in Germany
The Liverpool coach will not be able to attend the funeral of the person he says "meant everything to me' due to coronavirus travel restrictions.
Liverpool coach Jürgen Klopp will not be able to attend his mother's funeral in Germany's Black Forest region due to COVID-19 travel restrictions, he said on Wednesday.
Klopp's hidden pain at Liverpool
Klopp, who led Liverpool to the English league title as well as the Champions League crown in the past few seasons - a feat achieved in the quickest time by far of all new managers in England - said due to the restrictions and quarantine rules in England and Germany he would not be able to attend the funeral.
His mother Elisabeth had passed away last month.
You’ll Never Walk Alone, Jürgen ❤️ pic.twitter.com/mjgSmXZWgn— Liverpool FC (@LFC) February 10, 2021
"She meant everything to me, a mother in the real sense of the word," Klopp is quoted as saying in the local Schwarzwaelder Bote newspaper. "She is now in a better place.
"Not being at the funeral is due to the terrible times. Once conditions allow it, we will hold a wonderful memorial service," he said.
His Liverpool side have been refused entry to Germany to play RB Leipzig in the Champions League later this month due to travel restrictions, with the game to be held in Budapest, Hungary.
Te recomendamos en English
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE PSG vs Bayern Munich: times, TV & how to watch online
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECK Would the fourth stimulus check be taxed by the IRS?
- NFL Former Chiefs assistant Reid charged with felony DWI
- COVID-19 VACCINATION What to do if you get covid-19 between vaccine doses?
- MLS When is the MLS transfer deadline?
- AMERICAN RESCUE PLAN What to know about $3,600 Child Tax credit: dates, eligibility, amount