Neymar ruled out of Barcelona first leg and doubtful for return
Neymar has been ruled out of PSG's Champions League last-16 opener against former club Barcelona and could face four weeks on the sidelines.
Neymar has been ruled out of Paris Saint-Germain’s Champions League last-16 first leg against Barcelona after suffering a groin injury in Wednesday’s Coupe de France win over Caen. According to a medical report issued by PSG on Thursday, the Brazilian star has been diagnosed with an adductor muscle injury and faces four weeks on the sidelines, placing his participation in the return leg against his former club in doubt.
PSG face Barcelona in Champions League in six days' time
Mauricio Pochettino’s men go to the Camp Nou on Tuesday, before facing Barça in the return in Paris on 10 March.
Neymar injured after heavy tackle by Caen's Yago
A disconsolate Neymar was forced off shortly before the hour mark against Caen after a heavy challenge by defender Steeve Yago. Having immediately asked to be brought off, the Brazilian was able to walk off the field and headed straight down the tunnel at the Stade Michel d’Ornano.
If his absence from the first leg against his former club is confirmed, the 29-year-old would be the second major PSG player to be ruled out in the run-up to the tie, after Ángel di María was sidelined by a thigh injury suffered in the 3-0 Ligue 1 victory over Nimes a week ago.
Kean strikes takes PSG into next round
On-loan Everton striker Moise Kean’s 49th-minute goal was enough to take PSG past Caen and into the last 32 of the Coupe de France, which they have won in five of the last six seasons.
Te recomendamos en English
- PREMIER LEAGUE Aubameyang out of hospital and feeling good after malaria diagnosis - Arteta
- FOOTBALL Pogba unable to explain 'strange' relationship with Mourinho
- NBA Warriors rookie Wiseman undergoes season-ending knee surgery
- TAX SEASON 2021 Why is my tax return still being processed?
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: child tax credit date, plus up payments in third check, how to claim
- US NEWS Covid vaccine in the US live updates today: J&J vaccine recall, blood clots, Fauci statements, my turn...