Simeone has 'no problem' with Atlético's Chelsea clash being moved
Atlético Madrid's meeting with Chelsea being switched to Bucharest was of no concern to Diego Simeone.
Diego Simeone insisted he had "no problem" with Atlético Madrid's Champions League home clash against Chelsea being moved to Bucharest.
The first leg of the last-16 tie will be played at the Arena Nationala on February 23 due to coronavirus restrictions.
Atlético coach Simeone had no complaints, saying his team were prepared to play anywhere.
"I don't think it's important to give an opinion because the opinion we might say won't influence on what the reality is. And because we are living a complex moment globally, from a social point of view, it is already difficult to compete and do our job," he told a news conference.
"We will prepare and enjoy what we have. To play anywhere, any time, the day they want.
"There is no problem."
Atlético's impressive form
Atlético are five points clear atop LaLiga and have played two fewer games than second-placed rivals Real Madrid.
They are unbeaten in their past 20 LaLiga games (15 wins and five draws) against Granada, who they visit on Saturday.
Simeone has managed 14 LaLiga games against Granada without defeat. Only against Getafe (16) has he managed more in the competition without defeat.
But Simeone is wary of Granada, who are eighth in the table and have lost just two of their 11 LaLiga home games this season.
"We play against Granada and the only thing that keep us busy is to resolve this match. Granada is a team that does very well at their stadium," he said.
"They compete really well as everyone could see in the Copa del Rey and Europa League. It's a combative team and their coach has his ideas very clear. He can play with different systems. That is what keep us busy today."
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: medal count, athletes and results, today 23 July
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics 2021 volleyball and beach volleyball schedule: dates, times, groups
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SWIMMING Tokyo Olympics 2021: Team USA's swimming schedule - dates, times, strokes, events
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SWIMMING What are Katie Ledecky's stats: records, Olympic medals, titles
- OLYMPIC GAMES What are the differences between indoor volleyball and beach volleyball in the Olympics?
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SOFTBALL AND BASEBALL Which sports were pulled from the 2012 and 2016 Olympics and are returning in Tokyo 2021?