Messi urged to join Man City: "He has to experience Premier League" - Zabaleta
Ex-Manchester City and Argentina full-back Pablo Zabaleta backed countryman Lionel Messi to swap Barcelona for the Premier League giants.
Manchester City offers Lionel Messi "the perfect conditions" should he decide to leave Barcelona this summer, according to Pablo Zabaleta.
Barca superstar Messi is out of contract at season's end and the record six-time Ballon d'Or winner has been heavily linked with Ligue 1 champions Paris Saint-Germain and Premier League giants City.
A move to City for Messi would mean a reunion with former Barca boss Pep Guardiola – the pair teaming up to win two Champions League titles and three LaLiga crowns among other honours between 2008 and 2012.
Ex-City and Argentina full-back Zabaleta backed countryman Messi to swap Barcelona for Manchester.
Zabalete on why Messi should join Man City
"If Lionel Messi decides to leave Barcelona and he wants to play in the best league then he has to experience the Premier League for himself," Zabaleta told The Mirror.
"It is something that will interest him – because every player I know always asks me what the Premier League is like.
"Leo has been in La Liga for so many years and I think it would be a huge attraction for him to experience English football. And Manchester City offer the perfect conditions.
"He knows Pep very well, he knows [sporting director] Txiki Begiristain and [chief executive] Ferran Soriano – and also Kun Aguero.
"It would be a big decision if Leo leaves Barcelona. But if that's what he wants then it would be a good thing for him to go to a club that has people already there who can help him to settle
"When you have been at one club for so long, moving somewhere new can be very strange.
"I am sure clubs like Paris Saint-Germain and Juventus would also be interested in signing him, but it is my opinion that City would be the best place to go after Barcelona."
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: child tax credit date, plus up payments in third check, how to claim
- Unemployment Benefits Why are recipients seeing unemployment benefits cut?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Third stimulus check: how many people are still waiting for it?
- DEREK CHAUVIN TRIAL Derek Chauvin trial: can he appeal the sentence?
- SUPER LEAGUE European Super League: interview Florentino Pérez, ten clubs withdraw, reactions, UEFA, clubs
- EUROPEAN SUPER LEAGUE European Super League: Manchester Utd fans break into training ground in anti-Glazer protest