Fernando Torres left Atlético Madrid B last week
Diario AS understands that the former striker abandoned the reserve team for personal reasons. He is expected back in March to continue his work experience.
Fernando Torres joined Atleti B midway through January to gain work experience as an assistant coach to the technical team. The former striker was helping out reserve team players, giving them advice and tips drawn from his own experience coming up through the ranks at the club and as a top level player. However, he has been forced to leave Atleti earlier than planned. Diario AS understands that Torres has abandoned Atleti B for personal reasons, but nothing major and or to do with the club. In any case, it is expected that he will return in March to continue gaining work experience although it is not known which team within the youth academy he will be given to work with. Torres always said that he would be willing to help Atleti in any way he can, in whatever role the club felt suitable.
Atleti B held at home by Las Rozas
The reserves were in action today, they were held to a goalless draw to Las Rozas in a key game. Nacho's pupils are second from bottom on 12 points. But while the B team haven't been getting the results, the sensations in general are very encouraging. Individually, the players have been showing their quality and many of them have been called up to fill in with the first team. This season is an important one for Atleti B with the creation of the Second Division B Pro so relegation would be disastrous.
Te recomendamos en English
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid team news: Fede Valverde out of Getafe game due to coronavius contact
- LaLiga Getafe vs Real Madrid: how and where to watch - times, TV, online
- NBA Lakers star Andre Drummond revels in surreal moment after Staples Center win
- F1 Miami Grand Prix added to Formula One calendar from 2022
- US NEWS Covid vaccine in the US live updates today: J&J vaccine recall, blood clots, Fauci, My Turn...
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: child tax credit date, plus up payments in third check, how to claim