Messi: Neymar urges Barcelona captain to move to PSG
According to L'Equipe, Neymar has attempted to convince former Barcelona teammate Leo Messi to quit Camp Nou for Paris Saint-Germain in the off-season.
With Lionel Messi's future far from certain at the end of the season, his former team-mate Neymar has apparently reached out to the Barcelona captain about a move to Paris Saint-Germain.
Brazilian superstar Neymar played alongside the six-time Ballon d'Or winner for four LaLiga seasons between 2013 and 2017, before sealing a world-record transfer to Ligue 1 giants.
It is understood Pep Guardiola's Manchester City are ready to make a play to bring Messi to the Premier League, but Mauricio Pochettino's PSG appear to be taking the direct approach.
Neymar keen to be reunited with Messi
Messi's contract at his boyhood club expires in the off-season, less than a year after the Barcelona superstar sensationally tried to leave Camp Nou but found his exit plans blocked.
According to L'Equipe, Neymar – who is set to miss the Champions League trip to Barcelona on Tuesday – has put in a call to convince Messi to join Paris Saint-Germain.
Messi will lead out Barca in the first leg of the last-16 tie, having stated he will wait until the end of the current campaign before making a decision on where he will play in 2021-2022.
Alaba agree Real Madrid deal
David Alaba has reached a verbal agreement with Real Madrid since the beginning of January. His pre-contract until June 2025 is ‘almost ready’ - not signed yet.— Fabrizio Romano (@FabrizioRomano) February 15, 2021
Chelsea, Liverpool as other clubs are still trying to convince him... but Alaba’s priority is joining Real Madrid https://t.co/LITUivZexn
- PSG star Kylian Mbappé has decided to stay put this off-season but is not planning on extending his current contract, which expires in 2022, claims ESPN.
- Liverpool are looking for defensive reinforcements and they are monitoring Aston Villa's England Under-21 international Ezri Konsa, according to The Athletic.
- Bayern Munich's free-agent defender David Alaba has already agreed to join Real Madrid at season's end, reports Fabrizio Romano.
- Luis Suárez has a contract clause that would make him a free agent in the off-season, but the Atletico Madrid forward has no intention of using it, according to reports.
- Everton boss Carlo Ancelotti is interested in making a move for Juventus midfielder Adrien Rabiot, reports France Football.
Te recomendamos en English
- MLS Orlando City terminate Jonathan Suárez's contract
- BARCELONA Barçagate: Which Barcelona players were affected by the I3 Ventures social media posts?
- SERIE A Pirlo: Juventus haven't given up hope of winning Serie A
- Qatar 2022 Al Thumama stadium nearly ready for FIFA World Cup 2022
- NBA LeBron James talks Lakers' rhythm without Anthony Davis
- NBA Curry on losing to LeBron: Teams remember the past six years and want to beat us bad!