Mbappé to Alba, in Spanish: "In the street, I'll kill you"
Spanish television network Cuatro broadcast the tension between the French striker and the Barcelona defender during Tuesday's Champions League clash.
Kylian Mbappé was the central figure at Camp Nou on Tuesday night with his three goals instrumental in the Ligue 1 team's 1-4 win over FC Barcelona which sees their future in the Champions League hanging by a thread. Today, once again the PSG striker was making the news but this time not for his goal scoring ability.
The Deportes Cuatro show revealed footage on an interchange of views between Mbappé and Jordi Alba during the match with the war of words between both playering being conducted in Spanish. The PSG striker warned the Barcelona player stating: "In the street, I'll kill you". Alba replied ironically: "Look what this guy is learning". Piqué, who was within earshot, challenged Mbappé and asked him "what do you mean you'll kill someone?", which prompted a reply from the striker of: "I mean, I'll kill you in the street".
The exchange of words went no further and Mbappé decided that it was better to focus on the game which his side eventually went on to win and ease the Ligue 1 side closer to a place in the next stage of the 2020/21 Champions League.
Te recomendamos en English
- Child Tax Credit Child Tax Credit 2021: when is the deadline to opt out from August payment?
- US NEWS What public pools are open in summer 2021 in Los Angeles?
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: Ledecky going for gold, medal count, results, today 28 July
- OLYMPIC GAMES Why is Russia called ROC at the 2021 Tokyo Olympics?
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SWIMMING Ledecky aiming for two golds in a day with Titmus in the way
- REAL MADRID Official: Real Madrid defender Varane signs for Manchester United