Osterlen FF terminate the contract of Freddy Adu
The vice-chairman of the Swedish third division team has explained why they terminated the contract of the former USMNT player, who joined in 2020.
Back in 15 October 2020 Freddy Adu announced that he was joining Osterlen FF after a two-year hiatus. The former USMNT player was happy to join the Swedish team that plays in the third division, but things didn’t work out as expected because the club announced that his contract was terminated last week.
The reason why they parted ways
“We made the decision last Saturday. We had an agreement with him that he would have the chance to show himself. But from what we have seen, we have a hard time seeing that he will be able to compete. He has a lot of football in him, but the physical and the mental are missing,” said the club’s vice-chairman, Filip Lidgren.
"He was clearly disappointed. He's a really nice guy in every way, and I'm convinced he would have been a great football player. But he lacks the physicality required. We were actually a little surprised at how unprepared he was when he came here,” he added.
The president of Osterlen, Tom Ekstrom, said that Adu "was very far from an adequate physical level" when he joined the team in practice back in January. After his first day of training Adu gave a press conference and said: "I have learned from my mistakes."
Adu signed a one-year contract with the team from Sweden, but he is in no shape to be playing at the highest level. It seems that his attempt to revive his career as a professional soccer player did not work the way he wanted. So far he has not officially confirmed the news or what he will do next.
Te recomendamos en English
- US News Covid-19 vaccine in the US live updates: WHO approves Sinopharm | Efficacy, side effects, Indian variant...
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: $2,000 monthly stimulus, Golden State payment tracker, Child Tax Credit...
- ENTERTAINMENT Jupiter's Legacy cast: who is who in the Netflix series?
- MOTHER'S DAY 2021 Do florists deliver flowers on Mother’s Day? What are the most common flowers?
- CORONAVIRUS VACCINES Sinopharm vaccine: efficacy, dose, stock and differences with Pfizer, Sinovac, Moderna, Janssen...
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS When will SSI recipients receive the Golden State Stimulus?