"The Barça board inherited a Ferrari and have turned it into scrap"
Former FC Barcelona striker Julio Salinas warns the future club president of difficult times ahead of the 7 March elections at the club.
Former FC Barcelona player Julio Salinas affirmed that the former board under the guidance of Josep Maria Bartomeu inherited "a Ferrari and have turned it into scrap" with the former international striker predicting tough times ahead for the winner of the 7 March presidential elections.
"The previous board made such a mess of things at the club and the club is now financially in a mess" confirmed Salinas.
The player was speaking after Barcelona's 1-4 reverse at the hands of PSG and added: "Since winning the treble in 2015, the club has won practically nothing but suffered some humiliating defeats", he lamented.
"The future is worrying with it looking likely that Messi will depart to PSG or Man City, Busquets and Piqué are getting on too and we have a raw and young side with no money to compete in the transfer market. It all adds up to a bleak future to be honest".
Salinas does advocate however that Ronald Koeman remains in place as head coach. "He should certainly be allowed to stay and is not the one to blame for the problems at the football club. The previous board are the ones to blame for sacking Valverde and to be fair to Koeman, he's managed to bring through a series of young players and is getting the best out of De Jong".
Te recomendamos en English
- NBA ALL-STAR 2021 NBA All Star: Best images from the Slam Dunk Contest
- USMNT Giovanni Reyna could miss Dortmund's clash against Sevilla
- PREMIER LEAGUE Kane on par with Henry, Liverpool worst champions ever? Premier League weekend's quirky facts
- ATLÉTICO MADRID Atlético attack Real Madrid: "They even criticise correct decisions..."
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Champions League: Juve must be patient against Porto, says Pirlo
- US NEWS Third stimulus check: what's the last step after relief bill passed by Senate?