"The Barça board inherited a Ferrari and have turned it into scrap"
Former FC Barcelona striker Julio Salinas warns the future club president of difficult times ahead of the 7 March elections at the club.
Former FC Barcelona player Julio Salinas affirmed that the former board under the guidance of Josep Maria Bartomeu inherited "a Ferrari and have turned it into scrap" with the former international striker predicting tough times ahead for the winner of the 7 March presidential elections.
"The previous board made such a mess of things at the club and the club is now financially in a mess" confirmed Salinas.
The player was speaking after Barcelona's 1-4 reverse at the hands of PSG and added: "Since winning the treble in 2015, the club has won practically nothing but suffered some humiliating defeats", he lamented.
"The future is worrying with it looking likely that Messi will depart to PSG or Man City, Busquets and Piqué are getting on too and we have a raw and young side with no money to compete in the transfer market. It all adds up to a bleak future to be honest".
Salinas does advocate however that Ronald Koeman remains in place as head coach. "He should certainly be allowed to stay and is not the one to blame for the problems at the football club. The previous board are the ones to blame for sacking Valverde and to be fair to Koeman, he's managed to bring through a series of young players and is getting the best out of De Jong".
Te recomendamos en English
- TOKYO OLYMPICS Tokyo Olympics cancellation remains an option, says top Japanese politician
- NBA Dallas' Doncic on game-winning three-pointer: "Those are the best feelings ever"
- US NEWS A new proposal to revamp unemployment systems and increase benefits announced
- DEREK CHAUVIN TRIAL Derek Chauvin pleads the Fifth Amendment: what is it, and what are the defendant’s rights when they invoke it?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Veteran third stimulus check: when is it arriving & how much?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Fourth stimulus check: why could it be unlikely?