Injuries force Zidane to stick with youth team players
None of the many injured key Real Madrid players have recovered in time for the weekend's LaLiga clash against Real Valladolid.
As Real Madrid prepare for Saturday's trip to the José Zorrilla stadium in Valladolid, once again Zidane must make do without the likes Hazard, Rodrygo, Valverde, Odriozola, Militao along with Ramos, Marcelo and Carvajal who are all absent through injury. The first five are working in the gym and hope to rejoin the squad next week with both Militao and Odriozola now running and working their way back from their muscular issues.
None of the eight players are expected to be ready for Saturday's game with Tuesday's trip to Bérgamo looming next week as Real Madrid face atalanta in the Round of 16 in the Champions League. The light on the horizon for Zizou is the likelihood of Fede Valverde being ready to travel with the squad for the European clash.
For Saturday's LaLiga test, Zidane only has 14 regular first team players available and will call upon the Real Madrid Castilla squad as he did for recent games against Getafe (with Chust, Miguel Gutiérrez, Blanco, Arribas and Marvin) getting a call-up with Chust, Miguel Gutiérrez and Arribas being recalled for the game against Valencia.
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL Denver Broncos at NFL Draft 2021: Which players could they pick?
- UFC Dana White wants UFC to return to Mexico
- AMERICAN RESCUE PLAN IRS $3,000 child tax credit: when will the monthly payments begin?
- EARTH DAY 2021 What is the Earth Day and why it's celebrated today?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Will the IRS send supplemental payments to 2020 tax filers?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECK Fourth stimulus check: what entities are pressuring Biden to make a new payment?