Agüero recalls crashing new car, without a driving license, days after arriving in Madrid
Kun Agüero was the third guest on Ibai's Twitch and recalled the day when he crashed a brand new KIA car which Atlético had laid on to take him to the stadium.
Sergio Agüero arrived in Madrid in the summer of 2006, joining Atlético from Independiente. In the latest episode of Ibai's chat programme on Twitch TV, the Manchester City striker made a bizarre confession recalling his first days in the Spanish capital when he took his eyes off the road for a split second, causing a mini pile-up on San Isidro Bridge.
"After about 15 days, the club gave me a car so that I could get to the training ground, a really nice KIA club car which was much better than mine and a chauffeur, who came looking for me at the hotel," Agüero, who was just 18 years old at the time recalled. "I asked him if I could drive and he said, 'Ok but be careful because you haven't got a driving license' - I'd just come from Argentina and had to change the registration for a new license. Anyway, I had to be very careful. But it was a new car and I wanted to take it for a spin.
"I remember getting to the bridge which is right next to the Calderón, and I unconsciously turned my head to glance over at the stadium and when I was focused back on the road, the lights had changed and all of the cars in front had braked. Obviously I didn't have time to brake and went straight into the back of this old guy's car... And if that wasn't bad enough, it bumped his car into the next, and that one into the one in front, in a chain reaction... The driver wanted to kill me. The guy from the club said, 'Quick, get in the back!' So I got in the back and he sat in the driving seat so it looked like he was the one who caused the accident!"
The full chat can be seen here:Twitch IBAI
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021: medal winners, athletes and results, 24 July
- AMERICAN RESCUE PLAN How much money can you get from stimulus checks and the Child Tax Credit?
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: medal count, athletes and results, today 24 July
- Olympic Games Since when is skate an olympic sport and why?
- OLYMPIC GAMES What is the USA basketball roster for the 2021 Tokyo Olympic Games?
- OLYMPIC GAMES USWNT bounce back in crushing 6-1 New Zealand win