Manchester City deny reports of Leo Messi contract offer
Leo Messi has been repeatedly linked to Manchester City, but the Premier League leaders have denied offering the Barcelona captain a contract.
Manchester City have denied reports of a £433million package being proposed to lure Leo Messi from Camp Nou to the Premier League.
Messi is out of contract at Barcelona at the end of this season, having tried to engineer a departure from Camp Nou last August.
Messi and Guardiola reunion not City's priority
20 - Lionel Messi's penalty was his 20th goal of the season for Barcelona in all competitions; it's the 13th consecutive campaign he's scored 20+ for the club. Outrageous. pic.twitter.com/UUWSgghSGv— OptaJoe (@OptaJoe) February 16, 2021
During that time, he was heavily linked to City and a reunion with Pep Guardiola, while Barça's appeal to the superstar forward arguably suffered another heavy blow as they were thrashed 4-1 by Paris Saint-Germain in the Champions League this week.
On Friday, reports in the UK press suggested Messi had a five-year proposal worth £606m put to him by City before the current campaign, although this figure has been revised due to the wider financial climate of the ongoing coronavirus pandemic and the fact the six-time Ballon d'Or winner will be 34 in June.
However, a club spokesperson told Stats Perform no such offer has been made, nor are there any talks currently ongoing.
Te recomendamos en English
- UEFA | EUROPA LEAGUE Europa League 2020/21 round of 16 draw: as it happened
- PREMIER LEAGUE Liverpool: Henderson out until April after surgery on injury
- NFL NFL: Wilson hasn't demanded trade from Seattle Seahawks, says agent
- NBA NBA: Irving, Harden inspire Brooklyn Nets to eighth win in a row
- US NEWS Third stimulus check updates today: when it's coming, $1400 payments, IRS tax refund, House vote | Live
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECK Third stimulus check: what time is the vote in the House?