Donnarumma: Manchester Utd close to sealing deal for Milan stopper
Gianluigi Donnarumma is out of contract at AC Milan at the end season and Manchester United may have jumped the queue for the Italy international.
Juventus, Bayern Munich, Paris Saint-Germain and now Manchester United are all reportedly chasing Milan goalkeeper Gianluigi Donnarumma, whose contract at San Siro expires at the end of the 2020-21 season.
Days out from his 22nd birthday, Donnarumma has reportedly closed a deal with the Red Devils, placing the future of David de Gea in doubt.
United look to Donnarumma
200 - Gianluigi Donnarumma becomes today the youngest player to cross the milestone of 200 appearances in #SerieA in the era of three points for a win: with 21 years and 361 days he beats the previous record set by Gianluigi Buffon (24 y, 83 d). Golden.#MilanInter— OptaPaolo (@OptaPaolo) February 21, 2021
Milan goalkeeper Gianluigi Donnarumma has agreed to a provisional deal with Manchester United, according to Todo Fichajes.
The report claims the deal would make the Italy star the best paid goalkeeper ever in world football.
United have had goalkeeping issues this season, with number one keeper David de Gea making a number of errors, while understudy Dean Henderson has made a handful of appearances.
Donnarumma, who celebrates his 22nd birthday on Thursday, became the youngest player in Serie A history to reach 200 appearances in Sunday's 3-0 derby defeat to leaders Inter.
The 21-year-old's current deal with the Rossoneri expires at the end of this season and he has been linked with a host of clubs including Serie A champions Juventus, Champions League holders Bayern Munich and Ligue 1 giants Paris Saint-Germain.
Te recomendamos en English
- UEFA | EUROPA LEAGUE Europa League 2020/21 round of 16 draw: as it happened
- PREMIER LEAGUE Liverpool: Henderson out until April after surgery on injury
- NFL NFL: Wilson hasn't demanded trade from Seattle Seahawks, says agent
- NBA NBA: Irving, Harden inspire Brooklyn Nets to eighth win in a row
- US NEWS Third stimulus check updates today: when it's coming, $1400 payments, IRS tax refund, House vote | Live
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECK Third stimulus check: what time is the vote in the House?