Diego Costa turns down Saudi Arabian offer
The veteran Spanish striker rejected a two-year deal from Saudi Pro league side Al Nassr.
Ex-Atlético Madrid striker Diego Costa has turned down a two-year deal offered to him by Saudi club Al Nassr, despite him being without a club since the termination of his contract with the current LaLiga leader.
Costa declines latest offer
According to Sky Sports the 32-year old decided not to accept the offer presented by the Saudi side following his rejection of several similar offers from Al Hilal, Al Shabab, as well as other Qatari and Turkish offers.
Costa left Atlético last December as the club announced his contract that was supposed to run till June, had been terminated upon the player's request.
Costa returned early to the Spanish side following a spell that wasn't very successful at Stanford Bridge as Diego Simeone used to occasionally count on him before the arrival of the former Barcelona goal-machine Luis Suárez who shares the top of goalscorers table with Lionel Messi with 16 goals each.
In the meantime, Al Nassr's board members are looking to reinforce their squad with class A signings to get back on the right track following their wavering start to the season so that the team can compete for domestic and continental titles.
Al Nassr who are in ninth place in the Saudi Pro League standings with 25 points from 19 games are set to clash with fierce rivals Al Hilal who lie in second place with 36 points in a highly-anticipated derby on Tuesday night at "Marsoul Park" stadium.
Te recomendamos en English
- Child Tax Credit Child Tax Credit 2021: when is the deadline to opt out from August payment?
- US NEWS What public pools are open in summer 2021 in Los Angeles?
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: Ledecky going for gold, medal count, results, today 28 July
- OLYMPIC GAMES Why is Russia called ROC at the 2021 Tokyo Olympics?
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SWIMMING Ledecky aiming for two golds in a day with Titmus in the way
- REAL MADRID Official: Real Madrid defender Varane signs for Manchester United