When is Opening Day for the MLB 2021 season?
Despite requests to delay the start of the campaign, Commissioner Rob Manfred's team is determined to get the season started at the beginning of April.
The date for the start of the 2021 campaign has been set and the games are known. Major League Baseball announced that Opening Day for the upcoming season will begin on Friday 1 April.
MLB to begin on 1 April 2021
It gets going with all 30 of the league's teams squaring off (see below). This represents the fourth straight campaign in which all MLB teams will see action on the first day of the schedule.
How do you feel about our first Power Rankings? pic.twitter.com/JsrtH09VOi— MLB (@MLB) February 23, 2021
Originally, Major League Baseball sought to postpone Opening Day by a couple of weeks due to the coronavirus pandemic and that would lead to the shortening of the regular season. However, the MLB Players' Association (MLBPA) rejected this proposal to avoid extending the postseason into November and implementing the pro-rated salary schedule for a second year in a row.
With the planning in place and approved, it was also announced that the last day of the schedule will be 3 October 2021. All regular season closing games are set to start at 3:00 p.m. ET.
MLB 2021 Opening Day games
As the beginning of the season gets ever closer, we start to get excited over the match-ups that have been announced to get us off to a flying start...
MLB 2021 Opening Day games:
- Blue Jays at Yankees (13:05 ET)
- Indians at Tigers (13:10 ET)
- Twins at Brewers (14:10 ET)
- Orioles at Red Sox (14:10 ET)
- Braves at Philles (15:05 ET)
- Pirates at Cubs (15:20 ET)
- Dodgers at Rockies (16:10 ET)
- Diamondbacks at Padres (16:10 ET)
- Cardinals at Reds (16:10 ET)
- Rays at Marlins (16:10 ET)
- Rangers at Royals (16:10 ET)
- Mets at Nationals (19:09 ET)
- White Sox at Angels (20:05 ET)
- Astros at Athletics (20:07 ET)
- Giants at Mariners (20:10 ET)
Te recomendamos en English
- Stimulus Checks What ID can I use to cash stimulus checks?
- USA What does Biden's $2.3 trillion infrastructure plan include?
- USMNT Christian Pulisic makes USMNT Champions League history
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Modric hails Mbappé: Great players are always welcome at Madrid
- NBA Nuggets Murray could miss rest of the season after ACL injury
- NFL Three time Super Bowl champ Edelman retires