Inter Milan hit by positive coronavirus tests
Serie A leaders Inter have revealed five members of staff, including sporting director Piero Ausilio, have tested positive for coronavirus.
Inter Milan have confirmed that five members of staff have tested positive for coronavirus.
Managing directors Alessandro Antonello and Giuseppe Marotta, sporting director Piero Ausilio and lawyer Angelo Capellini have all returned positive tests.
An unspecified member of the Serie A leaders' technical staff has also tested positive for covid-19.
A statement on Inter's official website read: "All coaches and the entire team will follow the procedures set out in the health protocol."
Inter will be desperate to ensure that this outbreak does not spread to their first-team squad or coaches.
Inter in Scudetto pole position
📑 | COMMUNICATION— Inter (@Inter_en) February 25, 2021
The two Managing Directors, Alessandro Antonello and Giuseppe Marotta, Sporting Director Piero Ausilio, Club lawyer Angelo Capellini and a member of the technical staff test positive for COVID-19.
The Italians extended their lead at the summit of table to four points with a 3-0 win over city rivals Milan last time out.
With no European commitments over the remainder of the season, Antonio Conte's men are strong favourites to end an 11-year wait for the title.
They last lifted the Scudetto during José Mourinho's spell at the club in 2010, which also brought European Cup success.
Juventus, who have won the last nine Serie A titles, sit eight points back in third place with a game in hand.
Inter are next in action on Sunday, when they face Genoa at the San Siro.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: medal count, athletes and results, today 23 July
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics 2021 volleyball and beach volleyball schedule: dates, times, groups
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SWIMMING Tokyo Olympics 2021: Team USA's swimming schedule - dates, times, strokes, events
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SWIMMING What are Katie Ledecky's stats: records, Olympic medals, titles
- OLYMPIC GAMES What are the differences between indoor volleyball and beach volleyball in the Olympics?
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SOFTBALL AND BASEBALL Which sports were pulled from the 2012 and 2016 Olympics and are returning in Tokyo 2021?